At about the same date some 24 years ago, you were still healing your, er, wounds, from delivering me. 24 hours of panting and pain is no simple feat, especially with a big headed me (literally).
To Mrs. Elizabeth Enriquez Muyot, so many things to thank you for:
- all the times you haven’t given up on us,
- locking us up on the toilet without any lights back when we were kids so that we will be forced to reconcile and hug each other after a fight,
- well, shielding us always both physically and in terms of support should there be any harm,
- teaching us how to survive in tough times and be humble during good times,
- remembering the little things we wish for, though subconsciously, and having us surprised with the thoughtfulness the next day,
- constantly putting us first in your priority before yourself, to the point that you deprive yourself too much,
- shedding tears when I left yet never held me back from my own discovery 😦 ,
- being the positive force and our inspiration whenever depression tries to dissuade me from being strong, (jeez I’m already crying).
- being “on of the youngsters” and always understanding enough to accept that her five kids are retards,
- singing “Heart of Jesus” with us beside you in the bed to lull us into sleep,
- teaching us how to pray the rosary and that Jesus is only a heartbeat away,
- teaching me that every time I extend my hand and help pass the payment of a fellow commuter inside the jeepney/fx, I earn one goodie point in heaven,
- teaching me how to look after my siblings, though I have seem to instilled it too much: be it against another kid bully (I don’t really care what age mwahahaha) or the corrupt school teacher (no need now, though, as they know their rights already)
- for tolerating the tantrums of a sleepless and cranky me during my callcenter days,
- for being strong for us, although I know that you are also crumbling inside,
- for thinking ten steps ahead of us in anticipating our needs,
- for being the top most person who will love us unconditionally, no matter how bad we seem to think we are,
- for being everything we need and more.
There are so many things to thank you for, but before I break down, I hope it’s okay to stop for a while. I know that if you will be reading this, you’d be crying as well. Enough drama. I just want to thank you Mama. I love you so much. Your gift will come soon, I promise. 🙂 I’ve asked my own angel to look after you as well 🙂